ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, December 7th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, December 14th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Montreal Canadiens rollercoaster ride continues this week. They picked up two wins this week, against the Islanders and Rangers, while dropping contests to the Flyers, Bruins and Avalanche. Rick and Joe discuss the week that was for the Habs.
- This past Tuesday, the Habs welcomed former captains to the Bell Centre to celebrate the 110th birthday of the club. Those in attendance included: Yvan Cournoyer, Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, Chris Chelios and Saku Koivu, among others.
- Marc Bergevin met with Habs prospect defenseman, Alexander Romanov, in Moscow earlier this week, in what was described as being a “positive meeting”.
- There were reports earlier in the week that the Habs had interest in Bob Hartley to replace Claude Julien behind the Canadiens’ bench. This was later denied by the Habs vice-president of communications, Paul Wilson on Twitter.
- Given the Habs recent struggles, the team is involved in a myriad of trade rumours. Hall, Gostisbehere and Martinez are a few names being suggested.
- The Habs sent down Gustav Olofsson and recalled Otto Leskinen. The club also recalled Matthew Peca.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- The Canadiens made a change after going winless in eight games, following their loss in Boston. The club sent Keith Kinkaid down to Laval, through waivers, recalling 20-year-old netminder, Cayden Primeau. Primeau made his NHL debut against the Avalanche, in a 3-2 loss. The guys discuss the decision to recall a goaltender who only had 12 pro games under his belt.
- Carey Price won the Molson Cup for the month of November.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: At the quarter mark of the season, are the Canadiens a playoff-bound team or not?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!