ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, January 18th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, January 25th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- While Joe digs out of an avalanche of snow, Chris steps in to join Rick in discussing this week’s most pressing issues about the Montreal Canadiens.
- With the mainstream media churning out stories about moving two of the Canadiens leaders, Marc Bergevin made it clear that he would not even entertain the idea of trading Carey Price and Shea Weber. The guys weigh in.
- The Habs are getting healthy. Joel Armia returned to the lineup for Thursday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers. Brendan Gallagher and Jonathan Drouin should return following the bye week which presents a good problem for the coaching staff. Where do they fit in the lineup and where will Ilya Kovalchuk play currently on a point per game pace?
- In a move that surprised many, the Vegas Golden Knights fired head coach Gerard Gallant replacing him with Pete DeBoer. Could Gallant again be a fit with the Canadiens. Chris and Rick will offer their take.
- The Montreal Canadiens still don’t have an ECHL affiliate. The mayor of Trois-Rivières rejected their proposal but the team is taking another shot. The guys will update the drama.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- The Canadiens currently have a good crop of prospects making their way through the system. But what happened to all of their first round picks over the past decade? The guys take a look back.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: What do the Habs lines look like when Brendan Gallagher and Jonathan Drouin return?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!