ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, January 25th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, February 1st at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- We’ve just about made it through the bye week and Joe is back from his week of shovelling snow in Newfoundland!
- The Habs played one game before their bye week against the Golden Knights and got the win over former captain Max Pacioretty and friends in overtime.
- The Athletic’s Player Poll has given Habs fans and media a lot to talk about. Carey Price placed first in “Game 7 Goalie” as the goalie most players would want backstopping their team in Game 7. Shea Weber finished second in best defenceman behind Victor Hedman. Rick and Joe discuss the poll results.
- Shea Weber appeared in the hardest shot competition at the NHL All-Star Skills Competition. Gary Bettman says player and puck tracking is just around the corner.
Shea Weber with two absolute bombs to win Hardest Shot pic.twitter.com/fEGSTZLS8O
— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) January 25, 2020
- Laval Rocket Vice President Mark Weightman is stepping away from the organization.
- Revisiting the situation in Trois-Rivières regarding the Canadiens hopes of getting their own ECHL club in the city.
- Cole Caufield scored a hat-trick in Wisconsin’s 6-4 win over Notre Dame.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Taking a look at the standings at the All-Star break and what they mean for the Habs playoff chances and their situation. We discuss players that could be changing teams as we get closer to the NHL trade deadline.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Which Habs players will likely be moved before the NHL trade deadline?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!