ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, March 7th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, March 14th at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens played three games this week, picking up a pair of wins against the Carolina Hurricanes and New York Islanders, while dropping a game to the Tampa Bay Lightning. Rick and Joe discuss the week that was for the Habs.
- There was some sad news Friday morning regarding Habs legend Henri Richard. He passed away at the age of 84. The guys pay tribute to the Canadiens legend who holds the NHL record for most Stanley Cups won with 11.
- NHL Commissioner, Gary Bettman, met with the media to discuss a wide range of topics, including the NHL’s policy on the Coronavirus, the Salary Cap and some potential rule changes.
- It was another eventful week on the injury front for the Canadiens. Forwards, Tomas Tatar and Brendan Gallagher did not take part in the Habs 4-0 loss to the Lightning, Gallagher suffering from the flu, while Tatar was sent back to Montreal to be evaluated. The Canadiens recalled Lukas Vejdemo from the Laval Rocket on an emergency basis due to the Tatar injury. Meanwhile, in Laval, Jesse Ylonen is not ready to play just yet, while Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Ryan Poehling are injured.
- Marc Bergevin has been making quite a few media appearances over the last week, giving his perspective on the rather disappointing season for his club. In an interview with Renaud Lavoie, it was announced that Claude Julien would be returning behind the bench next season. In his 31 Thoughts article, Eliotte Friedman shared quotes from an interview he had with Bergevin.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Who is responsible for this season’s shortcomings for the Montreal Canadiens? With the head coach and GM both returning next season, and placing a hefty amount of the blame on the players, Rick and Joe take a closer look at this season and what has let the Canadiens down this season. Some problem items have been the team’s propensity to give up leads late in games, their home record and backup goaltending, just to name a few.
- Who might be the fall guy for this season should there be one? Kirk Muller? Trevor Timmins? As Bergevin hinted last week perhaps it will be a player, most likely a forward, in an attempt to acquire help on the blueline.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week: Which Habs players will likely be moved before the NHL trade deadline?
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!