ROCKET SPORTS MEDIA | MONTREAL, QC. — Welcome to the Canadiens Connection via Rocket Sports Radio. This engaging podcast featured on All Habs Hockey Magazine connects Habs fans with their beloved team from a source they know and trust.
CC on Rocket Sports Radio
Canadiens Connection is hosted by Joe Whalen (@JoeWhalen19) and Rick Stephens (@AllHabs) with contributions from Chris G. This talented team of credentialed journalists come together to share their valued insight.
Canadiens Connection is just that – a connection between fans, journalists, players, coaches, management to thoroughly discuss their favorite game in an informative, thought provoking, and entertaining way.
Listen LIVE in the player below on Saturday, March 14th at 1 pm. ET or anytime on demand.
Next week’s episode will air LIVE on Saturday, March 21st at 1 pm. ET. (2:30 pm. NT.) Missed an episode? You can find every episode of the Canadiens Connection HERE.
This Week’s Show
Segment 1: Week in Review, Habs News, League News
- The Canadiens played in a pair of games this week, they were both losing efforts to the Panthers and Predators. Rick and Joe briefly recap those games and discuss the scheduled game against Buffalo that was postponed on Thursday, along with the other 9 games scheduled for that night.
- Some news on the injury front, Jesperi Kotkaniemi suffered a spleen injury and is set to miss the remainder of this season. Tomas Tatar, who had been dealing with an uppe body injury was announced to be out indefinitely. Jonathan Drouin was prepared to return, which led to the re-assigning of Lukas Vejdemo to Laval.
- Cole Caufield’s season at Wisconsin has come to an end. With his Badger teammates K’Andre Miller and Alex Turcotte signing their Entry Level Contracts, the focus has shifted to Caufield and where he will head next season.
- Claude Julien noted that he believed rookie forward Nick Suzuki had hit a wall. The guys discuss another comment made by the coach towards his players.
- The Coronavirus has obviously been at the forefront this week. Following the NBA suspending their season Wednesday night, after Utah Jazz center, Rudy Gobert, tested positive for Coronavirus, the NHL and just about every other sports league followed suit the following day in postponing, suspending or cancelling major sporting events. Rick and Joe discuss everything surrounding these shocking events.
Segment 2: The Big Topic
- Rick and Joe are joined by Mike who was in Vancouver this past June for the NHL Entry Draft with the Rocket Sports Media group, as one of the contest winners! The guys talk with Mike about the experience of the draft, his early hockey memories and much, much more.
Segment 3: Have Your Say
- Reading your responses to the Canadiens Connection question of the week:
- Listener’s calls and texts
- Bad tweet of the week
Get the Canadiens Connection!
Search for “Rocket Sports Radio” and subscribe! You can also listen to every episode on your favorite podcast platform including:
And don’t be shy to give the podcast a 5-star rating!