Lewis Ritson Fights Through Fire To Decision Robbie Davies

Newcastle Arena, Newcastle – In a junior welterweight grudge match, the crowd saw plenty of fireworks with Lewis Ritson (20-1, 12 KOs) winning a twelve round unanimous decision over Robbie Davies (19-2, 13 KOs). The scores were 117-112, 116-112 and 116-112.

Davies had won four in a row coming in, after getting stopped by Michal Syrowatka in July 2017.

Ritson, who won two in a row coming in, has been trying to rebuild his career after losing a twelve round split decision to Francesco Patera in October 2018.

lewis-ritson (2)_3

They came out throwing bombs in the first round. Both men landing and catching hard punches to the head and body. The second round was more of a fast tempo with both boxers standing on the inside with big punches being exchanged.

Davies was getting the edge in the third, with the quicker and more accurate punches that were finding the mark. Ritson was landing as well, with Davies walking through many of the punches. It was more of the same in the fourth. Ritson was dragged into a war, as Davies would not step back and kept pressed to the inside throwing punches.

Ritson was doing good work in the fifth, letting his combinations go and landing as Davies came in. He was still taking heavy punches in return.  After a close sixth, Ritson landed several hard shots at the start of the seventh. Davies was catching a lot of hard shots. During the eight, Ritson was staying at the distance and outboxing Davies.

Davies came back in the ninth, outworking Ritson. The tenth was close, with both appearing to take a round off. They were boxing at the start of the eleventh, but towards the end they began to fight fire with fire. Ritson was was really letting his hands go in the twelfth, with Davies doing his best to fight back. Davies really hurt Ritson with a body shot. Ritson was fighting back with both hands, throwing like crazy to fight Davies off.  

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.