We’ve officially reached the part of summer where crazy baseball things start happening. The latest version of that is Mike Tauchman being better than Mike Trout. It’s not likely to be long-lived but let’s bask in the glory of a relative unknown shining on baseballs biggest stage.
- As if Mike Tauchman’s five homer week weren’t a big enough boost to your fake team he went and threw in two stolen bases to jump you up the board in every hitting category. Shout out to Alex Chamberlin for beating his drum all offseason. Tauchman’s found playing time and his hitting groove has followed. It’s not like the 2019 Yankees will ever not be replacing an injury. He should stay in the mix if he stays productive.
- Ronald Acuna Jr. does not appreciate someone trying to win player of the week over him and launched six home runs and stole three bases just to be sure he one-upped Tauchman. That’s the sound of Acuna’s 2020 first-round price rising.
- If you need an accumulator consider Leury Garcia. He’s helpful in every category. His splits the last three months:
- Chris Taylor is starting a rehab assignment soon. Grab him now before his price doubles. He’ll get run against LHPs and is more likely to contribute with his wheels than his pop, though he’s got some of both power and speed.
- For those of you in deeper leagues, give Ronny Rodriguez a look. He had a nice couple of weeks earlier this year, followed by a not nice stretch and demotion. He was solid in the minors and is now back up. His infield versatility is helpful in real baseball and fantasy.
- The Braves misguided attempts at acquiring mediocre relievers to close is blowing up on them in a hurry. Shane Green and Mark Melancon have both blown leads. Luke Jackson is also struggling. Maybe Chris Martin gets the next shot to blow a save. AJ Minter truthers have their undertaker GIFs saved in a draft.
As usual, your league-worst catchers at holding runners.